e one of those matches

• DENVER -- The Chicago Cubs future looks bright even if their present is a little disappointing. Rookie Javier Baez hit two more homers and drove in four runs, leading Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs to a 6-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Thursday. The 21-year-old Baez also had an RBI single in his third major league game. The touted prospect homered in his debut Tuesday, hitting a game-deciding shot in the 12th inning on the day he was promoted from the minors. "It didnt surprise me too much," said Hendricks, who had the best outing of his short career. "Ive seen it for a couple of years and he always thrives on the big stage. Whenever we play in a big game he does well." The Cubs (49-64) closed out a six-game trip by taking two of three in the series between last-place teams. Baez led off the sixth inning with a shot down the left-field line against Yohan Flande (0-4). He hit a two-run shot off Juan Nicasio into the Colorado bullpen in right in the eighth. "I was letting the fastball get deep and he threw me a slider," Baez said of his second drive. "I hit it really good." Castro followed Baezs shot in the sixth with his 12th home run. It was the fourth time this season Chicago has hit back-to-back homers. Hendricks (3-1) pitched a career-high eight innings after the start of the game was delayed 39 minutes because of rain. The rookie right-hander has pitched into the seventh inning in four of his five career starts. "Hes a very poised young man and hes the type of kid when he prepares for the test he knows hes going to do well," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "I hope hes making believers out of a lot of people." The 24-year-old Hendricks was sharp against the Rockies, allowing just two runs and six hits. He didnt allow a runner until Charlie Blackmons leadoff single in the fourth. After Baez and Castro gave Hendricks a three-run cushion in the sixth, the Rockies scored on Corey Dickersons RBI single in the bottom half. Hendricks retired the last seven batters he faced. "I felt really good," he said. "Usually as the game goes on I get stronger and stronger." Justin Morneau and Wilin Rosario had two hits each for the Rockies (45-69), who have lost six of seven. The Cubs took a 2-0 lead against Flande with RBI singles by Arsmendy Alcantara in the second and Baez in the third. Colorado cut the lead in half on Morneaus RBI single in the fourth. Flande is still looking for his first career win despite two solid starts against Chicago. He struck out a career-high eight in a 4-1 loss to the Cubs on July 28 and lasted six innings Thursday. "I pitched was well as I could. Something always happens to me in the late innings," Flande said. "Im disappointed." ALMOST COMPLETE Hendricks was thinking after seven innings he had a chance for his first complete game. Two batters into the eighth he knew it wasnt going to happen. "I went into the eighth at around 91 (pitches) and after I went full count on the first two hitters that kind of went out the window," he said. "I was trying to get quick outs but I was almost aiming it in there so I could go out for the ninth." TRAINERS ROOM Cubs: First baseman Anthony Rizzo was given a rare day off with the left-hander Flande on the mound. It was just the second day off for Rizzo, who is second in the NL with 25 home runs. Rockies: Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (left hip flexor strain) has begun baseball activities and will travel to Arizona and San Diego with the team. Tulowitzki is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list but hasnt been running at full speed. Manager Walt Weiss said that will be the final hurdle for the major league batting leader. ON DECK Cubs: Left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada (1-1, 3.32 ERA), like Hendricks on Thursday, is making his fifth career big league start when he faces Tampa Bay on Friday. He has held opponents to a .259 average in his first four starts. Rockies: Lefty Tyler Matzek (2-6, 5.31 ERA) will try to rebound from a rough outing in Detroit last weekend when he faces Arizona on Friday. Matzek is one of four Colorado starters to make his major league debut this year, and he has been impressive at times. His outing against the Tigers was the only start in which he failed to go at least five innings. Authentic TJ Brodie Jersey . "If we only consider this season," Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said, "there is just one club in Manchester -- and its ours. Authentic Noah Hanifin Jersey . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes. http://www.cheapnhlflamesjerse…entic-curtis-lazar-jersey. Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas appeared to be on track to gain election from the Baseball Writers Association of America on Wednesday, and Craig Biggio could join them. Calgary Flames Winter Classic Jerseys . Harrison Barnes had 15 points and Reggie Bullock scored 11 for the Tar Heels (17-3, 4-1 ACC), who took the court for the first time without starter Dexter Strickland. The junior guard tore his right ACL last Thursday at Virginia Tech and will miss the rest of the season. Authentic Michael Stone Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night.SAN DIEGO - The "Bryan Bump" returned to the Davis Cup on Saturday. As soon as Bob Bryans overhand smash on match point zipped past Britains Dominic Inglot and Colin Fleming, the celebration was on. Bob and identical twin Mike leaped into the air to do the famed chest bump they use to celebrate their victories. The Bryans 6-2, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 victory Saturday pulled the United States to 2-1 against Britain in the first round of the Davis Cup and ended the brothers Davis Cup losing streak at two. "Weve been waiting a long time to get another opportunity to get that bad taste out of our mouth," Bob Bryan said. "It always feels bad to let the team down. We were kind of coming out of our shoes, really itching to get on the court." The twins had a mini-chest bump after breaking Inglots serve to take a 2-0 lead in the fourth set. The match will be decided Sunday in reverse singles, when Wimbledon winner Andy Murray of Britain faces Sam Querrey. If Querrey can somehow pull an upset, it will then come down to James Ward of Britain against Donald Young. Murray won the opening singles match in straight sets against Young on Friday while Ward rallied to beat Querrey in five sets. "We brought some good energy. Now its our job to get behind Sam and fire up for tomorrow," Bob Bryan said. "Sam has a win over Andy. What do you tell him?" U.S. coach Jim Courier said. "He has to play better than he did yesterday to stand a chance. Andy is a great player who plays well under pressure and tomorrow is going to be one of those matches, where Andy knows if he loses then everything is on the table in that fifth match. "For Sam its a free swinging match," Courier added. "So hopefully hell go out there and let it fly." With Britain leading 2-0 entering Saturday, captain Leon Smith replacced Murray with Inglot for doubles.dddddddddddd Courier said the Americans werent surprised by the switch by the British. "We had every game plan on the table and we prepared in the warmup for Inglot," he said. The Bryans broke Inglots serve in the second game of the first set and then broke Flemings serve to win the set. The Bryans didnt face a break point until they trailed 30-40 in the sixth game of the third set. Fleming hit a backhander down the line to win the game for a 4-2 lead for the British. The teams held serve and the British won the set when Inglot had two straight aces in the ninth game. Fleming said the British were hoping to pull off an upset to make Sundays matches moot. "There is no doubt that yesterday sets us up in a position where we could go out there and have a really good go at the match," he said. "We spoke before the match. Obviously they were big favourites, but we felt like if we could go out there and just focus on the tennis match, we would have a chance of causing an upset and winning the tie today. "Thats why were disappointed because we didnt play as well as we were hoping for. You know, credit to the Bryans." The Bryans "take it to you every single time," Inglot said. "Theyre never going to give you any free points. Theyre always going to put it in the court on the big points and always going to make you play." The match is being played on a red clay court in a temporary stadium built against the left-field bleachers at Petco Park, the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Three World Group matches have been clinched with 3-0 scores: Switzerland over Serbia, Germany against Spain and France against Australia. In other matches, the Czech Republic leads Netherlands 2-1, Japan leads Canada 2-1 and Italy leads Argentina 2-1. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!