get to 100 per cent

• OTTAWA -- Derek Drouins record-breaking season has earned the high jumper three Athletics Canada awards. Drouin, from Corunna, Ont., won the Jack W. Davies Trophy as outstanding athlete of the year, plus the F.N.A Rowell Trophy as athlete of the year in field events, and the Cal D. Bricker Memorial Trophy for outstanding performance of the year. The 23-year-old set a Canadian record of 2.38 metres in high jump and won a bronze medal at the world track and field championships. He also won an NCAA Division 1 indoor title with a Canadian record jump of 2.35. Brent Lakatos won both the Phil A. Edwards Memorial Trophy as athlete of the year in track events, and the para-athlete of the year award for wheelchair events. Lakatos won five medals at the IPC world championships -- four gold in the T53 wheelchair classification 100, 200 and 400 metres, and 4x400 relay. He won silver in the 800. In the process he set four Canadian and four IPC world championship records. Later at the Sainsbury Games he broke the world record in the T53 wheelchair 100 metres. Brianne Theisen-Eaton of Humboldt, Sask., won the combined events athlete of the year, winning gold at the prestigious Gotzis Hypo-Meeting, and silver at the world championships. Alicia Brown of Ottawa won the Dr. Fred Tees Memorial Trophy as the Canadian university athlete of the year. The University of Toronto athlete won titles in the 300-metres at both the conference and CIS championships. Shawnacy Barber of Toronto, Ont., won the Eric E. Coy Trophy as outstanding junior athlete after breaking the Canadian senior outdoor record in the pole vault, clearing 5.71 metres. Inaki Gomez of Vancouver, B.C., earned the Fred Begley Memorial Trophy as the top off-track athlete of the year. Gomez finished eighth at the world championships in the 20-kilometre race walk, and at the Canadian championships raced to a Canadian record of 40 minutes one second in the 10K race walk. Gomezs coach Gerry Dragomir won coach of the year, Virginia McLachlan of Windsor, Ont., won the para-athlete of the year in ambulatory events. while Lexi Aitken of London, Ont., and Paul Galas of Mississauga, Ont., tied for the Myrtle Cook Trophy for the outstanding youth athlete. The trophies will be presented at the Annual Awards Gala in Moncton, N.B., during the 2014 Canadian championships. Reds Jesse Winker Jersey . -- Slugger Jose Abreu, All-Star left-hander Chris Sale and closer Matt Lindstrom are on the disabled list. Reds Blake Trahan Jersey .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. http://www.cheapredsjerseysaut…ag=reds-sal-romano-jersey. For the Blue Jays the time was Wednesday and the ace was R.A. Dickey. He stepped up. "I feel some responsibility as a stopper from time to time," said Dickey. Reds Matt Harvey Jersey .The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia.Letestu had three goals and two assists in nine games before being injured in late October.The 29-year-old has 54 goals and 65 assists in 273 career NHL games, including 39 goals and 51 assists in 188 games with the Blue Jackets. Reds Tim Federowicz Jersey . -- Max Domi scored twice and set up two more as the London Knights toppled the visiting Kingston Frontenacs 6-4 on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action.PITTSBURGH -- Recovering from a stroke, Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang said his doctors have reassured him that hell be play hockey again. When that could happen is unclear. The 26-year-old Letang spoke to the media before the Penguins faced Montreal on Thursday night, the first time he has spoken to reporters since having the stroke on a West Coast trip before the Olympic break. "Im targeting it day-by-day," Letang said. "Im trying to improve every day I come here. I try to exercise the best I can. I see doctors pretty much every week, twice a week to get better. So well go from there." Doctors are treating Letang with blood thinners and he has been doing light exercises without weights. "(Doctors) said being 26 and having a stroke, its actually a small percentage, but the chance that I get back to normal is really high," Letang said. "Well take the decision from there, but for now, were keeping like this. ... Im going day-by-day to get to 100 per cent," Letang said. "I feel like Im trying to make steps and getting closer to coming back at one point." The last month has been particularly difficult for his family. "When you see your mom crying or your wife, any of my family members, its always a tough thing to handle," Letang said. "Everbody is really careful, like I cant even lift the lluggage without them trying to help me out.dddddddddddd Otherwise its just been mentally tough a little bit." Letang said his wife found him on the ground the morning before the team flew to Los Angeles and his mother-in-law, who is a nurse and was also on the trip, took care of him. "I was not able to function," Letang said. "The day before I was totally fine, I was practicing. I woke up and didnt expect that would happen. I went in the car and went to Los Angeles and thought it would clear up but it never did." Letang, from Montreal, has 54 goals and 173 assists in 419 games in eight seasons with the Penguins. He signed a $58 million, eight-year contract extension last summer, but has been plagued by injuries this season, missing 19 games with an elbow infection and a lower-body injury before the stroke. Letangs most recent game was Jan. 27 against Buffalo. After being a Norris Trophy finalist last season, he has 10 goals -- matching a career high -- and 18 assists in 34 games for the Eastern Conference-leading Penguins. "Im not going to say its not a really good season for me," Letang said. "Two of (my injuries) were kind of bad luck, but honestly, if I have the chance to come back this year and play, its going to be great. I want to make sure I forget all about the three-quarters of the season I missed." Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!